Monday, November 30, 2009

I've survived

For those of you who wonder how I am. I survived the surgery and am healing well. My Gleason score was 9 so the worry is that the cancer will come back and get me. The surgeon advised me that he wanted to keep me on hormone therapy for two and a half years and send me for radiation as well. All this as a precaution. He gave me the hormone shot shortly after surgery which lasts six months and wanted me to do the radiation about 8 weeks out from surgery.

With the help of family and friends I did a lot of research and came to the opinion that the "precaution" treatment side effects to my overall health and well being would out way any benefit, especially since there are new treatments in the approval process for the FDA, and advised the doctor that's what I thought. He agreed to follow an alternative strategy of taking my PSA every three months and if it starts rising then I'll deal with treatments at that time.

So I have survived at this point, and am cautiously optimistic. My biggest issue right now is the Hormone Treatments and the fact that despite working out many times a week my muscle tone has gone away, I have about 1/3 the strength I use to and am fatigued all the time.

Bitch...bitch....bithc

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear of your hardships..Dr. Mcdougall is the smartest man I've ever met, he has saved many of my loved ones life's. Please look into his website and search through his cancer articles.

http://www.drmcdougall.com/

Hope you get better soon!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home